The board will be implementing a “Guest Policy Rule.” Please see the corresponding documents about these new proposed rules.
Baylofts Condominium Association
PROPOSED NEW RULE FOR
BAYLOFTS CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION, INC. (“ASSOCIATION”)
All of the following is new language.
- A guest is defined as someone other than the Unit Owner or his/her approved lessee and his/her immediate family (spouse, children, parent, grandparent, sibling and grandchildren) (“Guest”). Guests are not permitted to occupy a Unit for thirty (30) calendar days or more without the Unit Owner or lessee being present in the Unit. A person occupying a Unit without the Unit Owner or lessee of the Unit for fifteen (15) calendar days or more in a given year shall not be deemed a guest but, rather, shall be deemed a lessee for purposes of the Declaration of Baylofts, a Condominium (“Declaration”) (regardless of whether a lease agreement exists or rent is paid) and shall be subject to the provisions of the Declaration which apply to lessees. The purpose of this rule is to prohibit the circumvention and intent of Section 17.8 of Article 17 and Article 18 of the Declaration and the Association’s Rules and Regulations. If a person is deemed by the Board of Administration to be a purported lessee rather than a guest, such person will be required to comply with the lease requirements and procedures as contained in the Association’s governing documents in order to continue such occupancy.
- Guests who will be occupying a Unit, for any duration of time, in the absence of the Unit Owner or lessee (hereinafter referred to as an “Unescorted Guest”) must be registered with the Association’s management company at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the guest’s occupancy of the Unit. Such registration will require a copy of the guest’s government picture I.D., such as a Driver’s License, and the completion of an Unescorted Guest Unit Access Authorization Form as promulgated by the Board of Administration from time to time which shall provide, among other things, that the Guest is not leasing the Unit, the length of the guest’s stay including arrival and departure dates for the guest and such other information as the Board of Administration may require.
- Unit Owners, lessees, and authorized occupants of Units are responsible for their Guests’ and invitees’ adherence to the Association’s governing documents. For purposes of these rules, the term “authorized occupants” is deemed to include the Owner or lessee of a Unit and their respective spouses, children, domestic house-keeping staff, parents, grandparents, siblings, grandchildren or other individuals approved by the Association and registered with the Association as authorized occupants of such Unit.
- All Guests must be accompanied by a current resident or authorized occupant of a Unit in order to access and utilize the amenities of the Condominium Property, except with regard to those Unescorted Guests which are registered with the Association’s management company pursuant to Section 2 above. Unregistered Guests of individuals that are not Unit Owners, current residents, approved lessees or authorized occupants of Units are not permitted to access or utilize the amenities of the Condominium Property except when such unregistered Guests are accompanied by the Owner(s), current approved lessees, or other approved occupants of a Unit.
- It is the responsibility of the Unit Owners and lessees to provide keys and any required access devices for the Unit and Condominium Property for their Guests. Emergency keys in the possession of the Association shall not be distributed or released.
- Unit Owners and lessees are responsible for their Guests’ adherence to the Declaration of Condominium, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws and Rules and Regulations of the Association. Any and all Guests may be asked to leave and their stay terminated for violation of the Association’s governing documents, including the Rules and Regulations.
- Any damage of any sort caused to the Condominium Property by Guests or permitted invitees of Unit Owners, residents, approved lessees or authorized occupants shall be the sole the responsibility of the Unit Owner, resident, authorized lessee or occupant to which such Guest is visiting.